Cruise for A Cause – Doubtful Sound Cruise Information
01 January 2022
This information is in regards to the Cruise for a Cause, departing Saturday 24th September 2022. Limited tickets are available which you can buy here.
Doubtful Sound is unspoiled, unmatched and unforgettable. So get ready to create some lifelong memories as the we take you on the ultimate Doubtful Sound experience.
Your itinerary starts in Manapouri with a short cruise across Lake Manapouri. A coach then takes you across Wilmot Pass, travelling on a sub-alpine road through dense rainforest. Arriving at Deep Cove, you’ll be met by our crew and the majestic Mariner vessel.
Designed along the lines of a traditional scow, the Mariner blends old world charm with modern comforts that include spacious viewing decks, a dining saloon with a fully licensed bar and an observation lounge.
As you cruise through some of New Zealand’s most stunning scenery, our knowledgeable nature guides will provide commentary ensuring you miss nothing, be it the pod of resident dolphins, fur seals or rare penguins you might encounter.
After dropping anchor in a sheltered cove, you can choose to explore the shoreline by kayak or tender boat – or to simply relax onboard. For the adventurous (or very brave), there’s even a chance to go swimming. All activities are weather dependent.
In the evening, you’ll enjoy a delicious three-course buffet dinner prepared by our onboard chef, served in the dining saloon. Mingle with fellow travellers, savour some of the fine wines at our licensed bar and if the skies are clear in the evening, spend some time on the upper deck gazing at the stars.
Kick off the next day with a hearty cooked breakfast and get ready to enjoy the rest of the morning exploring other parts of the fiord. Finally, you’ll return to Deep Cove, the trip back to Manapouri and many, many conversations telling friends just how amazing your trip was.
Escape to the peace and tranquility of Doubtful Sound on a magical overnight cruise.
· Duration: 1 night
· Depart Manapouri 12.30pm Saturday, Return to Manapouri 12noon Sunday
· Cruise the full length of Doubtful Sound, all the way to the Tasman Sea
· Enjoy accommodation in private cabins with ensuite bathrooms or quad share bunk-style compartments
· Buffet dinner and breakfast prepared by our on-board chef
· Plenty of opportunities for wildlife viewing
· Choose to explore the shoreline by kayak or small boat included
· Specialist nature guide on board who provides insightful commentary
· There is a licensed bar on board.
· Suitable for all ages, with the exception of infants in quad share
· Due to the multi-leg journey and floating wharf access, guests will need to have a reasonable level of mobility
Saturday 24th September
- 12.30pm Depart Manapouri
- 2.30pm Board Fiordland Navigator @ Deep Cove
- 5.30pm – 6.30pm Water Activities
- 6.30pm approx. Dinner After Dinner – Nature Guide/SCH Evening
Sunday 25th September
- 6.30am – 8am approx. Cooked & Continental Breakfast Steam Back to Deep Cove
- 10am approx. Disembark Fiordland Navigator @ Deep Cove
- Midday approx. arrive back to Manapouri
What to bring
We recommend each passenger brings no more than a carry-on sized bag due to passenger convenience and space restrictions in the cabins.
Don’t forget the following:
· Non-slip walking shoes/boots
· Waterproof jacket*
· Warm sweater/fleece jacket
· Change of clothes*
· Insect repellent*
· Swimwear (optional)
· Cash for bar and snacks
· Lunch and snacks for the first day
· Personal medication including for asthma and allergies
( * Essential items if you are doing activities. Activities take place even if it is raining)
Tickets are limited, buy yours now!
Hello from the Hospital – Issue 1
21 December 2022
We’re excited to launch the first issue of our newsletter, Hello from the Hospital. In this issue you’ll find updates about how the project’s going and some galleries of photos from the past twelve months. Contents > Wrapping up a year of contrasts By Dr Murray Pfeifer, Chair of the… Read more
NEW SHOPPING PLATFORM POISED TO MAKE AN IMPACT
14 October 2022
The SHOP2GIVE marketplace is going to make a huge impact in the community when it launches early next month. Partnering with SBS Bank, Raizor NZ has developed the online platform SHOP2GIVE that allows people to shop online with local merchants and give back to charity at the same time. With… Read more
Construction reaches big milestones
10 April 2022
It’s been all go on-site in the first few months of 2022. Our construction team reached some exciting milestones recently. The building is now fully enclosed and watertight, and the structural steel and ducting have been installed. Reaching these milestones means the internal fit-out can start in earnest, with multiple… Read more