Want to be our official Shouty Squad?
11 September 2020
Reckon you’ve got what it takes to be our Shouty Squad?
This is your chance to show the people of Southland and Otago – and some of New Zealand’s favourite rugby players – you’ve got the biggest dose of community spirit in the south. Rugby heroes Anton Lienert-Brown and Damian McKenzie (along with our #socialmeds superstar Lu) want to see what you’ve got!
Pack the Park is looking for a class, rugby team, or group of mates to form the guard of honour to welcome our special line-up of players to Invercargill’s Rugby Park this 17 October. The golden requirement? We’re looking for LOUD!
To enter, simply upload a video of your group showcasing the cheer or chant you want to bring to our big game to social media (Facebook or Instagram) using #shoutysquad – and don’t forget to tag the Southland Charity Hospital.
Our all-star judges will be checking out your entries to decide a winner. If your group makes the cut, you’ll score seats in the grandstand at Rugby Park for the Pack the Park game.
Let’s see what you’ve got!
How to enter:
Step one: Organise the shoutiest, spiritiest, loudest group of primary school students (aged years one to eight). Come up with a unique cheer or chant, and polish that routine!
Step two: Film your entry – don’t forget, if you’re filming on a smartphone to hold it horizontally – not vertically!
Step three: Hop on Facebook or Instagram. Upload your video, using the hashtag #shoutysquad – and make sure you tag the Southland Charity Hospital!
Step four: That’s it! Easy as!
Terms and conditions:
- Prize is for a maximum number of 30
- One entry per class/rugby team
- The entry/video may contain more than 30, but the prize is for 30 attendees
- Those in the video must be aged between year 1 and year 8
- All participants in the video must be aware that the video will be shared on social media using the hashtag #shoutysquad to enter and will be publicly available
- The Southland Charity Hospital and The Blair Vining Epic Journey social media channels may choose to share an entrant’s video. This does not guarantee that the video shared will win
- Videos entered are not guaranteed to be shared on our channels
- The winning entry may be required to be available to an interview
- The winning entry must be available on Saturday 17 October for the game
- The winning entry must have their own adult supervision and organise their own transport to and from the game
- The winning entry will have supervision to line up on the field and exit the field, they must return to their parent/caregiver/teacher to watch the game
- Supervision during the game is not the responsibility of the event organisers
Hello from the Hospital – Issue 1
21 December 2022
We’re excited to launch the first issue of our newsletter, Hello from the Hospital. In this issue you’ll find updates about how the project’s going and some galleries of photos from the past twelve months. Contents > Wrapping up a year of contrasts By Dr Murray Pfeifer, Chair of the… Read more
NEW SHOPPING PLATFORM POISED TO MAKE AN IMPACT
14 October 2022
The SHOP2GIVE marketplace is going to make a huge impact in the community when it launches early next month. Partnering with SBS Bank, Raizor NZ has developed the online platform SHOP2GIVE that allows people to shop online with local merchants and give back to charity at the same time. With… Read more
Construction reaches big milestones
10 April 2022
It’s been all go on-site in the first few months of 2022. Our construction team reached some exciting milestones recently. The building is now fully enclosed and watertight, and the structural steel and ducting have been installed. Reaching these milestones means the internal fit-out can start in earnest, with multiple… Read more